Java Overland VI
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style OverlandCamping Trek
Activity Level Tough
Group Size Small Group
- Kota Tua, (Old town Batavia) The area collides modern Jakarta with its old Dutch colonial charm. Square of the old city, complete with sets of Musseum and cafes. The place is home to many historical museum, which are Museum Fatahillah, Museum Wayang, Museum Mandiri, Museum Maritime (old warehouses) and Bank Indonesia Museum.
- Monumen Nasional (MONAS), Monas or National Monument represents the spirit of the Indonesians to fight for their independence. It was made of marble with the top consisting of a 14.5 tons flame-shaped bronze coated with 35 kilograms of gold.
- Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, (Beautiful Indonesia in little park). See the whole Indonesian culture from here. It offers an exciting tour of 30 provinces of Indonesia with samplings of the country's more than 250 cultures. Highlight features are the Museum Indonesia and the Keong Emas IMAX theater.
- The Botanical Gardens (Kebun Raya) of Bogor are huge, world class gardens with more than 15,000 species of trees and plants. The botanical gardens are situated in the city cenre of Bogor adjacent to the Istana Bogor (Presidential Palace), were used to research and develop plants and seeds from other parts of the Indonesian archipelago for cultivation during the 19th century. Today the garden contains more than 15,000 species of trees and plants located among streams and lotus ponds. There are 400 types of exceptional palms to be found along the extensive lawns and avenues, helping the gardens create a refuge for more than 50 different varieties of birds and for groups of bats roosting high in the trees. The bats can be easily detected by the noise they make while competing for space under the canopies. The orchid houses contain some 3,000 varieties.
- Tomb of Bosscha . His full name is Karel Albert Rudolf Bosscha was born in 1865 in the Netherlands and died on November 26, 1928 in Malabar, Bandung, West Java. He came to Indonesia around 1887 at the age of 22 years. Bosscha tomb is placed in the middle of the shade of old trees in the green expanse of Malabar tea plantations. Tomb of the European architecture are still cared . His tomb has a white dome that has moss. His shrine is surrounded by a fence. A few meters from the first, there is little biographical inscriptions Bosscha, honors and awards received.
- Kawah Putih is a striking crater lake and tourist spot in a volcanic crater around 50 km to the south of Bandung, located near the dusty market town of Ciwidey . Meaning “white crater” in Indonesian, the main attraction of Kawah Putih is the surreal turquoise coloured lake which fills this vast dormant volcanic crater. On sunny days, the colour of the lake is stark and bright and on cloudy days, the entire crater can be shrouded in mist making for an utterly eerie experience.
- Braga Street (official name in Indonesian: Jalan Braga) is a small street in the center of Bandung, Indonesia, which was famous in the 1920s as a promenade street. Chic cafes, boutiques and restaurants with European ambiance along the street had made the city to attain the Paris of Java nickname. The street starts from a T-junction with the Asia-Afrika Street (or De Groote Postweg during the colonial times) to the north until the city council (balaikota), which was formerly a coffee warehouse.
- Villa Isola (now Bumi Siliwangi) is an art-deco building in the northern part of Bandung, the capital of West Java province of Indonesia. Overlooking the valley with the view of the city, Villa Isola was completed in 1933 by the Dutch architect Wolff Schoemaker for the Dutch media tycoon Dominique Willem Berretty, the founder of the Aneta press-agency in the Dutch East Indies. The original purpose of the building was for Berretty's private house, but then it was transformed into a hotel after his death and now it serves as the headmastership office of the University of Education Indonesia.
- Gedung Sate is a public building neoclassical design incorporating native Indonesian elements by Dutch architect J. Gerber. Which is a reference to the shape of the building's central pinnacle - which resemble the shape of one of the Indonesian traditional dish called satay.
- Institut Teknologi Bandung known as one of the first university in Indonesia makes its presence has historical value and reputation of higher education, so much visited by various groups with diverse objectives. ITB Tourism is a program that offers activities visit the ITB campus with certain themes for each campus tour activities, namely Architectural Tour, Tour Biological and Geological Tour accompanied by interpreters who are experts in their fields.
- Tangkuban Perahu is a volcano with three craters into which areas tourists can walk through. These three craters are: Kawah Ratu ("Queen Crater"), Kawah Domas ("Domas Crater"), and Kawah Upas ("Upas Crater"). Tourists can go down into the Domas Crater where exist many hot geysers in which they can boil eggs.
- Ciater Hotspring is a nice park with small pools in which we can sit or swim. The streams and pools are fed by warm mineral springs, which are created by the heat from nearby volcanoes. The water contains iodium and sulfur, well for curing skin ailments and rheumatism. Equipped with tennis courts, restaurants, and camping area, Ciater is a good way to retreat from every day's life.
- Udjo’s Angklung School Angklung is a traditional South-East Asian musical instrument, made by bamboo. Udjo's House of Angklung adopts the philosophy of easy, affordable, educative, attractive, massive, and cheerful performances that are essence of their ultimate show called “Kaulinan Urang Lembur” or villagers’ playtime. The show is packed with spectacular short performances, commencing with wayang golek (wooden puppet) show, helaran (agricultural harvesting celebration) rites, traditional dances, kids games, introduction to angklung, angklung orchestral performance, interactive angklung performance that involves visitors playing angklung, and arumba performance.
- The Dieng Plateau is a caldera complex formed by the eruption of ancient Mountain Prau. The caldera was once filled up water and then dried up, but volcanic activity continues to this day, with sulphuric fumes and poisonous lakes. Located at an altitude of 2000m, it's also much cooler than the surrounding lowlands. Dieng is an active volcanic region and can be regarded as a giant volcano. Plains formed from volcanic crater that has died. Crater shape can be seen obviously from the plain with mountains cluster surrounding. Yet despite this volcano has been dead for centuries, some volcanic craters are still active until now. Among these is Kawah Sikidang (Sikidang Crater), which is always on the move and jumping like a "kidang" or deer.
- Borobudur temple is a Buddhist stupa and temple complex in Central Java, Indonesia dating from the 8th century, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This is one of world's truly great ancient monuments, the single largest Buddhist structure anywhere on earth, and few who visit fail to be taken by both the scale of place, and the remarkable attention to detail that went into the construction. Set as it is in the heart of the verdant Kedu Plain, the backdrop of mighty active volcanoes only enhances the sense of awe and drama.
- Mendut is laid out on a rectangular plan, standing 26.4 meters high. The body of this Buddhist temple is laid on a 2 meter high platform, which also serves as a walkway. The wall that encircles the platform is adorned with 31 panels of story-telling relief, and sculptures of beautiful flowers and climbing plants.
- Pawon Temple sits on a rectangular platform that rises 1.5 meters from the ground. The edge of base surface, however, is curving that makes the surface a 20-cornered platform. The platform sides are decorated with sculptures depicting flowers and clinging vines. Unlike other Buddhist temples, the body of Pawon Temple is slim, similar to that of Hindu temples.
- Taru Martani is One of the country’s cigar factories is located in Yogyakarta. Taru Martani is currently owned by the provincial government of Yogyakarta. Employing around 270 workers, Taru Martani can yield up to 5 million cigars a year, 70% of the which are for foreign markets like the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, the US, France, Taiwan, Australia, and Southeast Asian countries. For almost a century it has been bringing fine cigars to people. And for almost a century, too, it has been witnessing the ups and downs of Indonesia.
- Keraton Sultan Palace (formally known as: Keraton Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat) is a palace complex located in the city of Yogyakarta . The palace is the main seat Sultan of Yogyakarta and his family. It serves as a cultural center for the Javanese people and contains a museum that displays the sultanate's artifacts. Most of the palace museum complex is a collection of different stores owned Sultanate, including different Giving From the kings of Europe, a replica of the palace heirlooms, and gamelan. From the aspect of the building, the palace Singer is a prayer One example of Javanese palace architecture The Best, has Luxury halls and pavilions And Broad Fields.
- Taman sari Water Castle is a site of a former royal garden of the Sultanate of Yogyakarta. Built in mid 18th century by sultan Hamengkubuwono I and II , the Taman Sari had multiple functions, such as a resting area, a workshop, a meditation area, a defense area, and a hiding place. Presumably a Portuguese architect planned the water castle but decoration was created by local artists. The complex was effectively used between 1765-1812 and it was already partially ruined during the British invasion in 1812. An earthquake destroyed several buildings and drained the water features in 1867. People started to build their houses within the ruins of the deserted pavilions and the empty lakebeds.
- Malioboro street is the One of the main tourist attractions in Yogyakarta, situated in the downtown which an icon and also the busiest business district in the area. Malioboro has plenty of shopping destinations and you will find everything from local markets to sophisticated malls. The cheap shopping area in the heart of Yogya, from bags, shirts, and more souvenir items, they have it all here. You will hear also the music played by the artist direct operations in that street . Instruments using barrel collaboration with angklung, traditional theater, and folk dance.
- Sukuh Temple is a Hindu temple, and was probably built in the end of the 15th century AD. Unlike that of typical Hindu temples in Central Java, the architecture of Sukuh Temple is considered to be departing from requirements stated in Wastu Widya, a guide book for constructing Hindu shrines. The book requires that a temple should be laid out on a square plan with the most sacred place located at the center. The deviation seems to be resulting from the fact that this temple was built when the influence of Hinduism was waning. The waning influence of Hinduism had given rise to the revival of local cultural practices of Megalithic era. The influence of this pre-historic era is seen in the shape of Sukuh temple structure, which is a terraced-mound. Such shape is similar to stepped-mound that is characteristic of pre-Hinduism shrines. Another characteristic of pre-Hinduism shrines is that the most sacred place is located on the highest and rearmost part.
- Cetho Temple , visitor can found many arc with period marking from prehistorically age, for example, the arc is depicted in the form of simple, both hands is put down in front of stomach or chest. This position, according to the experts reminds to a simple statues at Bada area, Central Sulawesi. There is also relief tell the story scene of Cuddhamala like the one at Sukuh Temple and also animal relief like salamander, elephant, tortoise, eel and crab.
- Grojogan sewu Waterfalls This tourist attraction was the blend between the national park and the waterfall. The Grojogan Sewu Waterfall tourist attraction kept much beauty. When the first time entering the location of this Grojogan Sewu Waterfall tourist attraction, the visitor will be startled with monkeys. To arrive at the location of the waterfall tourist attraction, tourists must walk through hundreds of available steps and were compiled neat. In several corners of the bend in the ladder, was available shelter for tourists who wanted to rest. In the location of the Grojogan Sewu Waterfall, tourists could enjoy the beautiful nature scenery. Tourists who wanted to approach the waterfall, must be careful because of must pass slippery big stones. Tourists were suggested in order to not bathe exact under the waterfall because of the waterfall flow very hard and could cause the body hurt. If tourists wanted to bathe with the safe condition, was enough to be carried out around the waterfall. Moreover, tourists could go for a walk followed the tourist attraction region while looking around beautiful hilly scenery and captured.
- Kelud The tourism objects of mount Kelud:
- Ampera tunnel 110 m comes out at the Gajah Mungkur top was built in 1940 by Japanese; the function is to drain the lava.
- The cauldron of Mount Kelud that is believed by society can make peaceful and prosperity.
- The top of Sumbing, which was the characteristic of slope rocks structure with 90 % declining, used as medium for wall climbing.
- The observation posts of mount Kelud.
- The ritual ceremony of Larung Sesaji in cauldron of Mount Kelud is held every September.
- 13 nights accommodations with daily breakfast, base on program above.
- English / Dutch / German/ French speaking Guide.
- 14 days Minivan 7seater with all toll parking and Fuel fee.
- Entrance Fee & Donation base on program above & 4WD Jeep on Bromo.
- Daily refreshment drinks.
- 5 times local guides fee
- Lunch & Dinner.
- Flight Ticket Surabaya - Bali.
- Personal consume & expenses such as telephone, laundry, mini bar etc .
- Porter, Tipping for local guide & driver.
Jakarta – Bogor (Happy Valley)
Pick up from Jakarta Airport, meet & greet by our staff, on the way to visit Old Batavia square, National Monument and Indonesian Miniature Parks.
Bogor - Malabar. (Boscha Guest House , Malabar)
To visit Bogor Botanical Garden, Puncak tea plantations, than procced to Bandung.
Malabar Tour (Boscha Guest House , Malabar
morning tea walks & capture the tea picker at the field, Tea Factory, Tomb of Boscha.
Malabar – Kawah Putih – Bandung. (Savoy Homann Hotel *4/ Grand Preanger Hotel *5)
Drive to Gambung Estate, here where family Kherkoven use to lived, (as written on the book of Hela S.Hasse : Herren van de Tee), visit White Crater (Kawah Putih), , than in thelate afternoon drives to Bandung.
to visit Coffee Aroma 1930, Jalan Braga, Villa Isola, Gedung Sate, ITB, Tangkuban Parahu, Ciater and Ujo’s Angklung school.
Bandung - Kutoarjo by Train – Wonosobo (Kresna Hotel *3)
You will enjoy beautiful scenery along the train ride to Kutoarjo, Than countinue the journey with our driver to Wonosobo by car. Overnight in Wonosobo.
Wonosobo - Borobudur. (Manohara Hotel )
To visit Dieng Plateau +2200m ( visit to sikidang Crater, Colourfull Lake, Pandawa Temple)proceed to Borobudur Temple in the afternoon. Overnight at Borobudur.
Borobudur Sunrise- Jogyakarta, (Phoenix Hotel *4 formerly Grand Mercure )
Sunrise at Borobudur Temple, visit Mendut & Pawon Temple, stona masson vilage at Muntilan, proceed to Merapi Valey (Kali Urang) facultative program to Shadow Pupet show.
To visit Cigar Factory (1918), Royal palace of Yogyakarta, Tamansari, and Jln Malioboro and free at leisure Silver and Batik works in the afternoon. Facultative program to Ramayana dinner plus Ramayana performance.
Jogyakarta to Tawangmangu via Solo. (Hotel Pondok Indah Tawangmangu*2)
In solo to visit, Keris Blades makers (empu), Gong & gamelan village, than To visit Sukuh and Cheto Temple from 12 & 14century, (famouse called as “erotic” temple by local people) than Grojogan Sewu Waterfalls .
Tawang mangu – Malang/ Blitar (Hotel Tugu Blitar*3/ Graha Cakra Malang*3)
for adventure you can also visit Mt. Kelud crater & Penataran Hindu temple near Blitar, Blitar is birth place of Sukarno first president, you can visit also Tomb of Soekarno in Blitar.
Malang/ Blitar to Bromo via NongkoJajar Village (Bromo Cottage Tosari)
Tour in Malang : Jalan Ijen (collonial area), Tugu Area, Bird Markets, alun-alun, Toko Oen 1930.
Bromo Sunrise – Surabaya (Hotel Java Paragon Surabaya 4*)
At 3.30 in the early morning you'll be wake up and the Jeep will bring you to the world's most famous view point at Mt Penanjakan +2700m on the rim of the Tengger caldera to enjoy the sunrise (if we're lucky) with its young volcanic including Mt Bromo and an active Mt Semeru in the background. Afterward the adventure continue to an active Mt. Bromo volcano to climb up 245 step of stairs, proceed to Ijen Crater.
Surabaya Tour – flight to Bali
Surabaya Tour to visit Tomb of 9Wali at Arabian square, Tugu Muda, House of Sampoerna, Orange Hotel, Submarine Museum, Grahadi Building, & etc. In the afternoon transfer you to Surabaya airport. End of service
4 Stars Gold Class Hotels