Java Overland III
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Family, Guided Tours, Historical, Overland, Photo Hunting, TrekkingCamping Trek
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Small Group
- Sunda Kelapa Harbour an old port only accommodate pinisi, a traditional two masted wooden sailing ship serving inter-island freight service in the archipelago. Although it is now only a minor port, Jakarta has its origins in Sunda Kelapa and it played a significant role in the city's development.
- Monumen Nasional (MONAS), Monas or National Monument represents the spirit of the Indonesians to fight for their independence. It was made of marble with the top consisting of a 14.5 tons flame-shaped bronze coated with 35 kilograms of gold.
- Presidential Palace, (north of the National Monument). Official residence and office of the Indonesian president.
- Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, (Beautiful Indonesia in little park). See the whole Indonesian culture from here. It offers an exciting tour of 30 provinces of Indonesia with samplings of the country's more than 250 cultures. Highlight features are the Museum Indonesia and the Keong Emas IMAX theater.
- The Botanical Gardens (Kebun Raya) of Bogor are huge, world class gardens with more than 15,000 species of trees and plants. The botanical gardens are situated in the city cenre of Bogor adjacent to the Istana Bogor (Presidential Palace), were used to research and develop plants and seeds from other parts of the Indonesian archipelago for cultivation during the 19th century. Today the garden contains more than 15,000 species of trees and plants located among streams and lotus ponds. There are 400 types of exceptional palms to be found along the extensive lawns and avenues, helping the gardens create a refuge for more than 50 different varieties of birds and for groups of bats roosting high in the trees. The bats can be easily detected by the noise they make while competing for space under the canopies. The orchid houses contain some 3,000 varieties.
- Tangkuban Perahu is a volcano with three craters into which areas tourists can walk through. These three craters are: Kawah Ratu ("Queen Crater"), Kawah Domas ("Domas Crater"), and Kawah Upas ("Upas Crater"). Tourists can go down into the Domas Crater where exist many hot geysers in which they can boil eggs.
- Ciater Hotspring is a nice park with small pools in which we can sit or swim. The streams and pools are fed by warm mineral springs, which are created by the heat from nearby volcanoes. The water contains iodium and sulfur, well for curing skin ailments and rheumatism. Equipped with tennis courts, restaurants, and camping area, Ciater is a good way to retreat from every day's life.
- English, Dutch, German, French Speaking Guide
- 07 nights accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- A/C Tourist Transport with Toll / Parking cost
- Entrance fees as per program except optional please pay on the spot.
- Flight ticket AMS-Jakarta /Yogya-Bali
- Insurance - Airport Tax
- All optional tour, please pay on the spot
- Porter & Tipping
- Personal consume Lunch, Dinner, Telephone, Laundry.
Arriving in Jakarta.
Jakarta is Indonesia's capital and is also the centre of government for both business and industry. The main gateway with its contrast of modern western architecture and traditional culture. Overnight stay at hotel.
Visit Sunda Kelapa Harbour. City tour, pass Merdeka Square, the National Monument, Presidential Palace the finest in South East Asia. Visit TMII (Miniature Park of Indonesia) Overnight at hotel.
Visit Bogor Botanical Garden, which is best known for having the most tropical plants in the world. On 111 hectares, the garden contains over 10,000 typical plants. Adjacent to the gardens is Bogor Palace, which is of early 1800's vintage and the preferred residence of many colonial governor-generals. Overnight stay at hotel.
Bandung City Tours + Volcano
We drive right up to the rim of Tangkuban Perahu and visit a volcano, where you can gaze into the bubbling mud and sculpture below. We visit the nearby Ciater Hot Springs and thermal spa. Overnight hotel.
On our way to Yogjakarta the scenery varies from lush, green hillsides to small villages and colourful local markets. Overnight hotel. In the evening you can stroll along the famous Malioboro shopping centre.
Yogyakarta Tour + Borobudur
Visit the Borobudur Temple which was built in the 8th century and is the largest artistic expression of the principles of the Buddhist religion, combing art and architecture to produce a true 'Wonder of the World'. The temple has 504 statues of Buddha and more than 1300 carved panels depicting scenes from his life and 1472 stapes. We'll visit the Prambanan Hindu Temple, built in the 9th century. Yogjakarta is the cultural capital of central Java built between the 5th and 9th century A.D. It is the main gateway to central Java, and its fertile plain was the seat of the mighty Javanese Empire of Mataram. Yogjakarta is still a Sultanate, now under the jurisdiction of Sultan Hamengku Buwono IX. Due to its location and history, the arts flourished in Yogjakarta and it still offers a wide variety of traditional arts today, as there are many craftsmen. We visit gold and silver workshop. The Kraton Palace is surrounded by four walls. The compound and buildings are European rococo.
Bali by Flight
after abf transfer to Airport to catch flight to Bali.
4 Stars Gold Class Hotel