Exotic BADUY Tribes – HALIMUN National Parks
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Adventure, Family, Guided Tours, Photo Hunting, TrekkingCamping Trek
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- Baduy Tribes are divided into two sub-groups; the Baduy Dalam (Inner Baduy), and the Baduy Luar (Outer Baduy). No foreigners were allowed to meet the Inner Baduy, though the Outer Baduy do foster some limited contacts with the outside world. The origin of the word Baduy may come from the term "Bedouin", although other sources claim the source is a name of a local river. In the Banten region of western Java, Indonesia, exists a small-scale indigenous community that has to a large extent been able to avoid the advancement of globalization, modern technology and other influences of the outside world, including environmental degradation. The Baduy people are a reclusive tribal group that has lived a relatively undisturbed, traditional lifestyle in a closed society for more than 400 years until the recent encroachment of economic and social pressures from the outside world. Although they live in an isolated area of mountainous rainforest only 100 kilometres southwest of Jakarta, Indonesia’s capital city, the Baduy have in the past been able to effectively seal their community off from the rest of the world.
- Halimun National Park The forests of the Mount Halimun Salak National Park are the largest tract of true rain forest now remaining on Java. The wide altitudinal range contributes to great habitat diversity. The area's particular importance for wildlife protection was acknowledged on 26 February 1992, when Halimun National Park was established by Ministry of Forestry decree. Originally, most of the 40,000 ha was classified as protection forest, declared during the period 1924-1934. The area was slightly enlarged in 1979 when its status changed to that of nature reserve. On 26 May 1992, management and responsibility for the setting up of the new National Park was transferred to the Headquarters of Gede Pangrango National Park. Apart from the primary function of habitat protection, the National Park plays an important role in supporting regional development and opportunities for research, education, eco-tourism and horticultural activities such as orchid growing. With the creation of Mount Halimun National Park, the three West Javan Parks (Gede Pangrango, Halimun and Ujung Kulon), taken together, now provide a range of habitats from sea level to the highest peaks. Such conservation planning will help assure a secure future for the rich wildlife of this densely populated province.
- All meals (3xb’fast, 4xLunch, 3dinner),
- 2bottle Aqua everyday,
- entry permit (Baduy-Halimun) & Donations ,
- English speaking Guide, +Local Guide,
- Porter, Ranger,
- Airconditioned Touris coach,
JAKARTA - CIBOLEGER – GAJEBOH (L,D)
Depart in early morning take by car from Jakarta to Ciboleger takes about 4 hours through country side. Arrive at Ciboleger (the gate of Baduy tribe) after lunch directly trekking to Gajeboh Village (Outer Baduy or Black Baduy). Passing some village such as Kadu Ketug, Balimbing and While you will see and enjoy the simple life of Baduy community and feel how rich culture and nature of Baduy tribe. Here we will stay over night at local people house. In the afternoon we will trek up to the hill of Gajeboh crossing the famous bamboo bridge to see the activities of Baduy community (rice field, how they make brown sugar/palm sugar, etc). We will also take shower/swimming at the Baduy river. Free time.
GAJEBOH - GUNUNG KENCANA – HALIMUN NP (B,L,D)
Early in the morning trek up to the hill to see sunrise. After breakfast trek up to Kadu Keter then to Cicakal stop over here to see view around the village (to see hand woven making process, wooden bag from skin of wood, bracelets ect). Then continue to Cigula crossing other bamboo bridge, to Cicakal then to Cigula and back to Ciboleger for your lunch . Proceed to Halimun National Parks, by our car via Jasinga after applying permit than countinue our journey to the centre of National Parks. Stay overnights at Citalahab Homestay or Cikaniki Research Station Lodge
Mount Halimun Trekking (B, L, D)
Early wake up for sunrise, after breakfast 4-6hours trekking around National Parks, exploring its flora and fauna. It’s the biggest tropical rainforest in Java Mount Halimun is its most secure habitat, but its range is restricted to a thin ring around the park as the species is not found above 1,200 metres. Javan Lutung (Trachypithecus auratus), and other endemic species are evident; about half its 145 known bird species are rarely seen elsewhere in Java, such as Javan Hawk Eagle.
Halimun – Next Destinations (Bogor/ Sukabumi/ Jakarta) (B,L)
Morning trekking from Citalahab to Cikaniki Trails, here we can use loop trails above the Rasamala trees, where we can enjoy beautiful scenery, more chance to find Javan Gibbon (Hylobates moloch moloch) - a sub-species of the Silvery Gibbon. 100m from research centre you can enjoy the beauty of Macan waterfalls. After lunch check out from National Parks than proceed to next destinations
Citalahab Homestay / Cikaniki Research Station Lodge