Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Adventure, Photo Hunting, Trekking
Activity Level Extreme
Group Size Small Group
- Baduy are a traditional Sundanese ethnic group that live in the province of Banten, a few hours outside of Jakarta. The villages where they live are famous, because the Baduy do not use modern technology, though this is changing. The Baduy are split into two distinct groups. The first are the communities who reside in the area known as Baduy Luar. There are 22 villages that are considered a part of Baduy Luar. The communities that form Baduy Luar form a barrier to the outside world for the 40 families who live in the area known as Baduy Dalam. Baduy Dalam is split into the three villages of Cibeo, Cikertawana and Cikeusik. The people who live in these villages have limited contact with the outside world and do not use any modern technology. The only way to reach these villages is to trek for hours along muddy tracks through the countryside.
- Mt. Halimun – Salak National Park is a wet land. Annual rainfall ranges from 4000-6000 mm, with dry months of less than 3 months between May to September. Monthly temperature ranges from 19.7 to 31.8 ° C, and average humidity of 88%. Representative ecosystem types lowland rain forest, sub-montane forest and montane forest in Java. Mt. Halimun – Salak National Park are located in mountainous terrain with few rivers and waterfalls, which is the protection of hydrological functions in Bogor Regency, Lebak, and Sukabumi. Some plants that dominate the forests in the Mt. Halimun – Salak National Park, among others, "Puspa" (Schima wallichii) "Rasamala" (Altingia excelsa) and "Jamuju" (Dacrycarpus imbricatus). About 75 species of orchids found in this national park and some types of which are rare species such as Bulbophylum binnendykii, B. angustifolium, ensifolium Cymbidium and Dendrobium macrophyllum. Mt. Halimun – Salak National Park has 204 species of birds and 35 species endemic to Java, including "Elang Jawa" (Spizaetus bartelsi).
- All meals (3xb’fast, 4xLunch, 3dinner).
- 2bottle Aqua everyday.
- Entry permit (Baduy-Halimun) & Donations.
- English speaking Guide, +Local Guide, Porter, Ranger.
- Airconditioned Touris coach.
JAKARTA - CIBOLEGER – GAJEBOH (L,D)
Depart in early morning take by car from Jakarta to Ciboleger takes about 4 hours through country side. Arrive at Ciboleger (the gate of Baduy tribe) after lunch directly trekking to Gajeboh Village (Outer Baduy or Black Baduy). Passing some village such as Kadu Ketug, Balimbing and While you will see and enjoy the simple life of Baduy community and feel how rich culture and nature of Baduy tribe. Here we will stay over night at local people house. In the afternoon we will trek up to the hill of Gajeboh crossing the famous bamboo bridge to see the activities of Baduy community (rice field, how they make brown sugar/palm sugar, etc). We will also take shower/swimming at the Baduy river. Free time.
GAJEBOH - GUNUNG KENCANA – HALIMUN NP (B,L,D)
Early in the morning trek up to the hill to see sunrise. After breakfast trek up to Kadu Keter then to Cicakal stop over here to see view around the village (to see hand woven making process, wooden bag from skin of wood, bracelets ect). Then continue to Cigula crossing other bamboo bridge, to Cicakal then to Cigula and back to Ciboleger for your lunch . From Ciboleger we proceed to Gunung Kencana, then trekking to the Jalupang village (the Border between Baduy and ordinary people). Back to Ciboleger. Proceed to Halimun National Parks, by our car via Jasinga after applying permit than countinue our journey to the centre of National Parks. Stay overnights at Citalahab Homestay or Cikaniki Research Station Lodge .
Mount Halimun Trekking (B, L, D)
Early wake up for sunrise, after breakfast 4-6hours trekking around National Parks, exploring its flora and fauna. It’s the biggest tropical rainforest in Java Mount Halimun is its most secure habitat, but its range is restricted to a thin ring around the park as the species is not found above 1,200 metres. Javan Lutung (Trachypithecus auratus), and other endemic species are evident; about half its 145 known bird species are rarely seen elsewhere in Java, such as Javan Hawk Eagle.
Halimun – Next Destinations (Bogor/ Sukabumi) (B,L)
Morning trekking from Citalahab to Cikaniki Trails, here we can use loop trails above the Rasamala trees, where we can enjoy beautiful scenery, more chance to find Javan Gibbon (Hylobates moloch moloch) - a sub-species of the Silvery Gibbon. 100m from research centre you can enjoy the beauty of Macan waterfalls. After lunch check out from National Parks than proceed to next destinations.
Tourist Class Accomodation